What is digital orthodontics?
The biggest change in modern orthodontics is that gradually almost everything is produced on a digital basis. The more serious braces are virtually planned and prepared based on a 3D scan of the mouth or pattern. HermannOrtho is internationally one of the most advanced digital practices. The lingual braces, as well as the digital aligners are created digitally.
Invisible orthodontics – is this a solution for me?
Most likely an invisible orthodontic treatment is also possible for you. During the personal consulting session you get to know all the possibilities. Make an appointment and visit us personally and we will answer all your questions!
Price of first consultation for adults
- Treatment plan, other diagnostic tests
- Documents on pendrive
- First consultation fee will be deducted from the treatment fee in case treatment is started in 3 months after the consultation.
Frequently asked questions
How can I decide which method suits me best?
Today it is not easy for patients to find their way in the subject of orthodontics. Not only that the essential element of orthodontics treatment is the brace, the success of the treatment will be influenced by numerous other factors.
Which are these factors?
- Detailed consultationwith the specialist to define the patient’s needs. It is important to know the exact expectations, because based on that we can recommend the most appropriate brace.
- Comprehensive professionalmedical examination
- Individual treatment plan
- Joint selection ofthe appropriate braces. It is our responsibility to provide detailed information to support the patient in the decision.
In most cases the patient may chose between a short invisible cosmetic treatment and a longer functional treatment, which is much more advantageous in terms of smile-aesthetic and general health. If the teeth are filled, decayed and their color or shape also makes the treatment necessary, a cosmetic treatment may be more adequate, or even aesthetic dentistry and the aplication of veneers.
However, there are many reasons for a more conservative orthodontic treatment. Orthodontic treatment is a medical service for which the patient makes their decision based on detailed information provided by the doctor. Information provided by the doctor should contain the treatment alternatives, benefits and risks of each treatment and also the potential consequences resulting from a lack of treatment. There are hundreds of different appliances and treatment methods. Moreover, there is a lack of a universal standard in the orthodontic profession.
In order to be able to compare different treatment options there have been new treatment categories introduced recently.
Cornerstones of the ideal procedure:
- Comprehensive,detailed consultation
- Building a relationship of trust between doctor and patient
- Tailor-made orthodontic treatment according to the patient’s individual needs.
What should I consider when selecting a specialist?
Orthodontic treatment is a medical procedure, based on mutual trust between doctor and patient. Equally important is the medical equipment, the expertise and patient-oriented attitude.